Dallas in Paulding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Davis' Div. at Dallas
These troops left Resaca, Gordon County, May 16, & marched to Rome via a route W. of the Oostanaula River. Leaving Rome, May 24, the command moved by Peek’s Spring (at Aragon), to Van Wert, where a road E. led via Bishop’s Bridge to Dallas.
Entering the town, Davis’ div. marched E. to the New Hope Church Rd. (State Highway 92) & established an intrenched line on the left of McPherson’s Army of the Tenn. [US].
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 110-8.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 26, 1947.
Location. 33° 55.749′ N, 84° 50.626′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Georgia, in Paulding County. Marker is at the intersection of Confederate Avenue (Georgia Route 61) and Polk Avenue, on the left when traveling north Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dallas GA 30132, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A. Lafayette Bartlett (approx. 0.4 miles away); Paulding County (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dallas - New Hope Line (approx. 0.6 miles away); Dallas (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Orphan Brigade at Dallas (approx. one mile away); The Orphan Brigade (approx. 1.2 miles away); Federal Line (approx. 1.4 miles away); Confederate Line (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 2, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,123 times since then and 87 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 2, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.