Ringgold in Catoosa County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Stone Presbyterian Church
War Time Hospital
Erected 1955 by Georgia
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is September 2, 1837.
Location. 34° 54.369′ N, 85° 4.622′ W. Marker is in Ringgold, Georgia, in Catoosa County. Marker is at the intersection of Catoosa Parkway (Georgia Route 2) and U.S. 41, on the right when traveling east on Catoosa Parkway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ringgold GA 30736, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Stone Church (a few steps from this marker); Stone Church And Catoosa Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Trail of Tears Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Federal Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Cherokee Springs Confederate Hospital (approx. 0.9 miles away); Catoosa Springs Confederate Hospitals (approx. 1.3 miles away); Confederate General Patrick Cleburne's Emancipation Proposal (approx. 1½ miles away); General Patrick R. Cleburne Memorial (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ringgold.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 5, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 11, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,608 times since then and 82 times this year. Last updated on October 4, 2022, by Darren Jefferson Clay of Duluth, Georgia. Photos: 1. submitted on September 25, 2022, by Darren Jefferson Clay of Duluth, Georgia. 2. submitted on July 11, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 6, 2014, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. 6. submitted on July 11, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.