Near Dallas in Paulding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Cross Roads Church
Hardee’s & Hood’s A.C. [CS] moved this way, S. - from the Etowah River, to New Hope Church, May 24, 25. June 2: the 23d A.C. [US] marched N.E. from Brown’s Mill to this point -- turning S.E., 1.5 mi. to the Foster house. Ensuing operations outflanked the Confederate forces & caused their retreat toward Kennesaw Mt., June 4.
June 5: McPherson’s 15th & 16th A.C., [US] leaving the Dallas front June 1, marched by this Church to Acworth, on their way to Kennesaw Mtn.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 110-26.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1864.
Location. 34° 0.641′ N, 84° 45.295′ W. Marker is near Dallas, Georgia, in Paulding County. Marker is on Dallas-Acworth Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dallas GA 30132, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James Foster House (approx. 1.7 miles away); Hardee’s, Hood’s & French’s H’dq’rs. (approx. 1.7 miles away); Battle of Pickett's Mill (approx. 1.8 miles away); Site of Old Allatoona Church (approx. 2.3 miles away); Dallas – Acworth Road (approx. 2.4 miles away); Hood & Hardee Withdraw E. to R.R. (approx. 2˝ miles away); Site ~ Mason’s Bridge (approx. 2.7 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Pickett’s Mill (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Regarding Cross Roads Church. Cross Roads Church no longer exists, although there is a newly organized church by that name in the area.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 14, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,045 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 14, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.