Augusta in Richmond County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Georgia’s First School of Medicine
Erected 1981 by Georgia Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number 121-49.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Science & Medicine. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is October 1818.
Location. 33° 28.08′ N, 81° 57.097′ W. Marker is in Augusta, Georgia, in Richmond County. Marker is on Greene Street, 0 miles east of 2nd Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Troop K Georgia Cavalry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Home of Governor Telfair (approx. ¼ mile away); Bicentennial Augusta, Ga (approx. ¼ mile away); Thankful Baptist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); De L Aigle Brick Yard (approx. 0.3 miles away); Veterans of All Wars (approx. 0.3 miles away); De L Aigle Brick Yards (approx. 0.4 miles away); St. James United Methodist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Augusta.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 10, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,452 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 10, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on May 17, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.