Roundhead in Hardin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Founded in 1832 on the
site of the Indian village
led by Chili Stiahia
better known as Roundhead
an ally of the British in
the War of 1812
Roundhead Township was organized 1832
Until March 1833 was part of Logan County
Erected 1960 by The Historical Society of Roundhead.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812. A significant historical year for this entry is 1832.
Location. 40° 33.689′ N, 83° 50.383′ W. Marker is in Roundhead, Ohio, in Hardin County. Marker is next to the baseball field in the park behind the location of the former Roundhead School, off Ohio Route 117 on the northwest side of the village. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Roundhead OH 43346, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Roundhead Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Roundhead School (within shouting distance of this marker); Chief Roundhead's Village Scioto River (approx. 2.2 miles away); Manchester School (approx. 3.1 miles away); Orchard Island Post Office (approx. 6 miles away); Bickham Bridge - 1877 (approx. 6 miles away); Belle Center Jail (approx. 6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roundhead.
Also see . . . Chief Roundhead. (Submitted on October 2, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on October 2, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 991 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 2, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.