Moncks Corner in Berkeley County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1976 by Berkeley County Historical Society. (Marker Number 8-23.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1683.
Location. 33° 11.747′ N, 79° 57.203′ W. Marker is in Moncks Corner, South Carolina, in Berkeley County. Marker is on State Highway 402, on the left when traveling south. Located Northwest side of Waboo Bridge. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Moncks Corner SC 29461, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wadboo Barony: Francis Marion’s Last Headquarters (a few steps from this marker); Stony Landing House (approx. one mile away); Colleton House: “Unmanly Practices” or Legitimate Target? Fort Fair Lawn: An Archeaological Treasure (approx. 1.1 miles away); C.S.S. David (approx. 1.1 miles away); Berkeley County Confederate Monument (approx. 1.1 miles away); Santee Canal (approx. 1.2 miles away); Biggin Church (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Moncks Corner.
Also see . . . Tiverton Lawn Plantation – Santee Circle – Berkeley County. This plantation was originally part of Wadboo Barony granted to James Colleton. 1782 – The Wadboo Barony was confiscated by the Patriots due to the Colletons being loyal to England. The property was divided into 24 tracts of 500 acres each and sold. (Submitted on October 7, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 7, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,838 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 7, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.