Perry in Houston County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Perry Methodist Church
The present sanctuary was built in 1860 - 61 when other half of square was purchased. The annex at the rear was added in 1950 - 51. The educational building was erected in 1960 - 61.
The exterior of sanctuary was re-modeled in 1906 - 07 and the interior, enlarged and re-furnished in 1966 - 67.
Location. 32° 27.521′ N, 83° 43.919′ W. Marker is in Perry, Georgia, in Houston County. Marker is at the intersection of Carroll Street and Washington Street (U.S. 41), on the right when traveling east on Carroll Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Perry GA 31069, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Perry United Methodist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Governor John Houston (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Luke’s Episcopal Church (approx. 11.1 miles away); Peach County (approx. 11.2 miles away); James A. Everett (approx. 11.2 miles away); Thaddeus Oliver (was approx. 11˝ miles away but has been reported missing. ); Confederate Dead (approx. 11.6 miles away); Boeing B-1B Lancer (approx. 12.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Perry.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Perry Methodist Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 31, 2020. This page originally submitted on October 8, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 623 times since then and 5 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on October 8, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?