Pottstown in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of Old Burial Ground
Early German Settlers of the
Lutheran and Reformed Faith
On the adjoining bronze tablets are inscribed the names and dates of persons whose graves were located in the Reformed portion of the graveyard.
This monument was erected by the congregation of Zion's Reformed Church (United Church of Christ) Rev. Howard A. Kosman, Pastor, October 12, A.D. 1956, to perpetuate the memory of the beloved dead whose graves are located here.
Erected by Congregation of Zion's Reformed Church (United Church of Christ).
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is October 12, 1861.
Location. 40° 14.883′ N, 75° 38.972′ W. Marker is in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Hanover Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Old Brick Church (within shouting distance of this marker); The Potts Family Burial Ground (within shouting distance of this marker); Philadelphia Steam Engine Fire Co. #1 (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Pottstown News (about 700 feet away); Weitzenkorn's Clothiers (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Clair Mansion (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Security Trust Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Shuler House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pottstown.
Also see . . . Zion's Church. (Submitted on October 9, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 9, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 2,641 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on October 9, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.