Lawrenceville in Gwinnett County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Lawrenceville Female Seminary
Lawrenceville Lodge 131, Free and Accepted Masons used the second story of the building for meetings for more than a century. The Seminary Building has had a variety of tenants and performed many functions but it remains today very much like it was originally.
Erected 1974 by Georgia Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number 067-6.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Entertainment • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Women. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is July 31, 1836.
Location. 33° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 455 South Perry Street, Lawrenceville GA 30046, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. From Near and Far (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gwinnett: A Great Investment (about 700 feet away); The Land We Love (about 800 feet away); Unsurpassed Quality of Life (about 800 feet away); The History of Peachtree (about 800 feet away); Gwinnett County Creation (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Land Lottery of 1820 (approx. 0.2 miles away); African American Roles in the Community (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lawrenceville.
Also see . . . Gwinnett History Museum. The Female Seminary now houses the Gwinnett History Museum. (Submitted on October 24, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 20, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,554 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 20, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.