Glen Allen in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Sheppard and Baker's Grant
Erected by County of Henrico. (Marker Number HC-7.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1713.
Location. 37° 40.228′ N, 77° 31.002′ W. Marker is in Glen Allen, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker is on Mountain Road, 0.1 miles west of Sheppards Way Drive, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Glen Allen VA 23060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Courtney Road Service Station (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Courtney Road Service Station Meadow Farm (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Meadow Farm (approx. 0.4 miles away); Glen Allen Baptist Church (approx. half a mile away); Mountain Road (approx. half a mile away); Caboose (approx. 0.6 miles away); Box Car (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glen Allen.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 15, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 833 times since then and 72 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 15, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.