Clinton in Jones County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 084-3.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1820.
Location. 32° 59.833′ N, 83° 33.55′ W. Marker is in Clinton, Georgia, in Jones County. Marker is on Pulaski Street, 0.1 miles west of Washington Street, on the Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gray GA 31032, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sherman’s Right Wing (here, next to this marker); The Stoneman Raid (here, next to this marker); Clinton Female Seminary (here, next to this marker); Old Clinton (here, next to this marker); Macarthy-Pope House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); LaFayette (about 700 feet away); Clinton Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gen. Iverson’s Birthplace (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clinton.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 16, 2019. It was originally submitted on December 6, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,083 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 6, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.