Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Taylor in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Wilson Springs Cemetery

 
 
Wilson Springs Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson, June 28, 2007
1. Wilson Springs Cemetery Marker
Inscription.  

Located on land originally granted to George Washington Glasscock, the Wilson Spring Cemetery was established by the family of John S. Wilson, who purchased the land in 1854. His brother, Robert W. Wilson, acquired the land in 1857, and a community which built up in the area of a nearby spring became known as Wilson Spring. John S. Wilson was the first to be buried on the family farm in 1874. The land was formally deeded as a public cemetery in 1899 and serves as the burial place for the Wilson family and their neighbors.
 
Erected 1988 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 15206.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. A significant historical year for this entry is 1854.
 
Location. 30° 35.747′ N, 97° 27.797′ W. Marker is near Taylor, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on County Road 369, one mile west of County Road 366. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Taylor TX 76574, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Booth House (approx. 2.3 miles away); Taylor Brethren Church
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 2.6 miles away); Doak Pavilion Site (approx. 2.6 miles away); Immanuel Lutheran Church (approx. 3.1 miles away); Wedemeyer Hospital Site (approx. 3.1 miles away); Doak Home (approx. 3.2 miles away); Tucker-Smith House (approx. 3.2 miles away); The Tenth Street United Methodist Church (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taylor.
 
Wilson Springs Cemetery Marker (Wide View) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson, August 31, 2019
2. Wilson Springs Cemetery Marker (Wide View)
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 25, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 14, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 990 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on December 14, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.   2. submitted on August 31, 2019, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=25555

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 24, 2024