Clyde in Sandusky County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1976 by Clyde Community Council, The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 3-72.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, Spanish-American • War, US Civil • War, World II. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1864.
Location. 41° 18.538′ N, 82° 58.262′ W. Marker is in Clyde, Ohio, in Sandusky County. Marker is at the intersection of East McPherson Highway (U.S. 20) and East Maple Street (Ohio Route 101), on the right when traveling west on East McPherson Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Clyde OH 43410, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of James Birdseye McPherson (here, next to this marker); General James Birdseye McPherson (a few steps from this marker); McPherson Birthplace (approx. half a mile away); The Underground Railroad/Escaping Slavery In North Central Ohio (approx. 4.2 miles away); Seneca John, Noted Chief (approx. 4.6 miles away); Circuit Riders / Bishop John Seybert (approx. 6.8 miles away); The Tremont House (approx. 7.2 miles away); Henry Morrison Flagler (approx. 7.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clyde.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 21, 2017. It was originally submitted on December 27, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,061 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 27, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. 4, 5. submitted on June 11, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. 6, 7. submitted on September 14, 2017, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland.