Surry in Surry County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Southwark Parish Churches
Erected 2005 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number K-229.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era. In addition, it is included in the Virginia Department of Historic Resources series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1647.
Location. 37° 7.995′ N, 76° 53.202′ W. Marker is in Surry, Virginia, in Surry County. Marker is at the Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Surry VA 23883, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pace’s Paines (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); English Settlement on Gray’s Creek (about 300 feet away); Glebe House of Southwark Parish (approx. 0.3 miles away); Organization of the Christian Church (approx. 2.3 miles away); Smith’s Fort Plantation (approx. 2.8 miles away); Chanco (approx. 2.9 miles away); Surry County War Memorial (approx. 2.9 miles away); Surry County Confederate Monument (approx. 2.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Surry.
More about this marker. This marker sits across the street from two other markers: K-224 and K-319
Credits. This page was last revised on July 9, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 24, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. This page has been viewed 3,675 times since then and 16 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on September 24, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.