Dawson in Terrell County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Confederate Gun Shop
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 135-6.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1863.
Location. 31° 46.846′ N, 84° 26.633′ W. Marker is in Dawson, Georgia, in Terrell County. Marker is at the intersection of Orange Street SE and 12th Avenue NE, on the right when traveling north on Orange Street SE. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dawson GA 39842, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Gen. Patrick Cleburne Camp, S.C.V. (approx. 0.4 miles away); Terrell County (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Confederate Gun Shop (approx. half a mile away); Chickasawhatchee Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 1.4 miles away); Old Herod Town (approx. 5.6 miles away); General Andrew Jackson (approx. 5.7 miles away); 1827 Site of Chenube Indian Village (approx. 6.8 miles away); Battle of Echowanotchaway Swamp Monument (approx. 7.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dawson.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,054 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.