Montmartre in Paris in Département de Paris, Île-de-France, France — Western Europe
Parc Marcel Bleustein-Blanchet dit Parc de la Turlure (1988)
Inscription.
Aménagé sur les flancs de la Butte Montmartre, le parc offre une vue plongeante sur l'Est parisien. Les pergolas recouvertes de plantes grimpantes contrastent avec la pelouse verdoyante entourée de bancs de la terrasse supérieure. Puis un espace plus minéral abrite une fontaine rideau et un amphithéâtre. Des escaliers cheminent ensuite vers la terrasse inférieure dédiée aux aires de jeux.
Le moulin à vent de la Turlure occupait entre 1770 et 1820 cet emplacement avant d'être détruit au profit de l'exploitation de carrières de plâtre. Les terres furent achetées ensuite par la congrégation des Soeurs de Notre-Dame du Cénacle. Elles y aménagent un jardin et une grotte, aujourd'hui protégée par une grille, qui évoquait celle de Lourdes.
Depuis 2004, ce parc porte le nom du publicitaire français Marcel Bleustein-Blanchet (1906-1996), qui habitait le quartier. Il fonda le groupe Publicis en 1926. Il fut pilote et résistant pendant la Seconde Guerre mondiale sous le pseudonyme de Blanchet.
Marcel Bleustein-Blanchet Park, also known as Parc de la Turlure
Located on the slopes of Montmartre, the park offers a breathtaking view of eastern Paris. Pergolas covered with climbing plants contrast with the lush lawn surrounded by benches on the upper terrace. A more natural area then houses a curtain fountain and an amphitheater. Stairs then lead to the lower terrace, dedicated to playgrounds.
The Turlure windmill occupied this site between 1770 and 1820 before being destroyed to make way for plaster quarries. The land was later purchased by the Sisters of Our Lady of the Cenacle. They created a garden and a grotto, reminiscent of the one in Lourdes, now protected by a gate.
Since 2004, this park has been named after French advertising executive Marcel Bleustein-Blanchet (1906-1996), who lived in the neighborhood. He founded the Publicis group in 1926. He was a pilot and member of the Resistance during World War II under the pseudonym Blanchet.
Erected by Ville de Paris.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Parks & Recreational Areas • Religion & Religious Structures • War, World II. In addition, it is included in the Parks and Squares of Paris, and the Windmills series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1770.
Location. 48° 53.237′ N, 2° 20.61′ E. Marker is in Paris, Île-de-France, in Département de Paris. It is in Montmartre. It is at the intersection of Rue de la Bonne and Rue du Chevalier de la Barre, on the right when traveling north on Rue de la Bonne. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Paris, Île-de-France 75018, France. Touch for directions.
Regionally, it is in the North Atlantic Region, Europe, the European Union, Atlantic Europe, the Schengen Area, Western Europe, a coastal Mediterranean country, and the Western World. Historically, it finds itself in what was once a French colony and also the Roman Empire.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker: La fusillade du 18 mars 1871 (a few steps from this marker); Square Claude-Charpentier (1931)
(about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); Cimetière du Calvaire / Calvary Cemetery (about 150 meters away); La basilique du Sacré-Cœur (about 150 meters away); Hector Berlioz (about 150 meters away); Le Cabaret de Patachou (about 150 meters away); Johnny Hallyday (about 150 meters away); Louise Michel (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Paris.
Also see . . . Parc Marcel Bleustein Blanchet dit Parc de la Turlure (Ville de Paris, in French). (Submitted on April 29, 2025.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 31, 2025. It was originally submitted on April 29, 2025, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. This page has been viewed 123 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 29, 2025, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California.


