Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Casa Grande in Pinal County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Heritage Hall

 
 
Heritage Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, February 4, 2010
1. Heritage Hall Marker
Inscription.  This fieldstone structure was built in 1927 and served as the First Presbyterian Church until 1970. Rocks used in the construction were gathered from the desert and hauled to town. Renovation of the sanctuary was accomplished in 1984 and now serves the local community as a theater and meeting hall. The church was constructed by Michael Sullivan, a local stone mason, who also built the Woman's Club (the stone building located just across Florence Blvd. and to the west) in 1924.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionNotable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1927.
 
Location. 32° 52.775′ N, 111° 45.264′ W. Marker is in Casa Grande, Arizona, in Pinal County. Marker can be reached from West Florence Boulevard near North Sacaton Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 West Florence Boulevard, Casa Grande AZ 85122, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Women's Club of Casa Grande (within shouting distance of this marker); Casa Grande Union High School "Old Main" (approx. 0.4 miles away); In Honor of Mormon Battalion
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 2.6 miles away); Barony of Arizola (approx. 2.8 miles away); Gadsden Purchase (approx. 10.3 miles away); Gila River Indian Reservation (approx. 10.3 miles away); a different marker also named Gadsden Purchase (approx. 11.4 miles away); a different marker also named Gila River Indian Reservation (approx. 11.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Casa Grande.
 
Regarding Heritage Hall. This site is also the location of the Casa Grande Valley Historical Society Museum.
 
Also see . . .  Casa Grande Valley Historical Society. The website of the Casa Grande Valley Historical Society. (Submitted on February 6, 2010.) 
 
Heritage Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, February 4, 2010
2. Heritage Hall Marker
Heritage Hall image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, February 4, 2010
3. Heritage Hall
Heritage Hall image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, February 4, 2010
4. Heritage Hall
Casa Grande Valley Historical Society Museum is at far left.
Women's Club of Casa Grande image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, July 27, 2010
5. Women's Club of Casa Grande
Building mentioned in marker text.
Women's Club of Casa Grande image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, July 27, 2010
6. Women's Club of Casa Grande
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 5, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,177 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 5, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.   5, 6. submitted on July 28, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=27208

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 24, 2024