Lufkin in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Martin Wagon Company
Erected 1980 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8713.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1908.
Location. 31° 20.295′ N, 94° 43.545′ W. Marker is in Lufkin, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is at the intersection of East Lufkin Avenue and South Fourth Street, on the right when traveling west on East Lufkin Avenue. Across the street from the fire station. Touch for map. Marker is Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Angelina County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lufkin Telephone Exchange (approx. 0.2 miles away); Kerr's Inc. (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of Rehearsal Hall for The Hoo Hoo Band (approx. ¼ mile away); Calder (Cotton) Square (approx. ¼ mile away); KRBA-AM Radio Station (approx. ¼ mile away); The Depot Explosion and Mystery (approx. ¼ mile away); First Baptist Church of Lufkin (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lufkin.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 6, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,416 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 6, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.