Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Roscoe in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Dr. Maro Johnson's Office - 1842

 
 
Dr. Maro Johnson's Office - 1842 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., November 29, 2009
1. Dr. Maro Johnson's Office - 1842 Marker
Inscription.  
In 1842, Maro Johnson purchased a portion of lot #2. The deed read that Johnson had to have the property paid for and a respectable building erected on it within one year. Those terms were met. The building became Dr. Johnson's office.
 
Erected by Roscoe Village Foundation.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable BuildingsScience & MedicineSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1842.
 
Location. 40° 16.718′ N, 81° 52.585′ W. Marker is in Roscoe, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker is on Whitewoman Street, on the right when traveling north. Marker and house are immediately south of the Roscoe General Store, 348 N. Whitewoman Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Coshocton OH 43812, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dr. Maro Johnson's House - c.1833 (a few steps from this marker); James LeRetilley Building - 1847 (within shouting distance of this marker); Wilson Jacob House - c.1890 (within shouting distance of this marker); William Roscoe Building - 1840
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); In 1838 (within shouting distance of this marker); 24 Star Flag (within shouting distance of this marker); James Taylor House (Reconstructed) - 1971 (within shouting distance of this marker); Why Is It Called Whitewoman Street? (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roscoe.
 
Also see . . .  Roscoe Village Foundation. (Submitted on February 11, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
Additional keywords. Ohio and Erie Canal
 
Dr. Maro Johnson's Office and Marker (White Building) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., November 29, 2009
2. Dr. Maro Johnson's Office and Marker (White Building)
Dr. Maro Johnson's Office and Marker (White Building) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, August 27, 2016
3. Dr. Maro Johnson's Office and Marker (White Building)
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 30, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 11, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 932 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 11, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.   3. submitted on August 30, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=27382

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 20, 2024