Griffin in Spalding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Georgia Experiment Station
Erected 1956 by
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Education • Government & Politics • Horticulture & Forestry. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 33° 15.866′ N, 84° 16.9′ W. Marker is in Griffin, Georgia, in Spalding County. Marker is at the intersection of Experiment Street and Stuckey Drive, on the left when traveling north on Experiment Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Griffin GA 30223, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old McIntosh Road (approx. 0.7 miles away); Confederate Camp (approx. 0.9 miles away); a different marker also named Confederate Camp (approx. 0.9 miles away); Founding of Griffin (approx. 1.3 miles away); a different marker also named Founding of Griffin (approx. 1½ miles away); Lewis Lawrence Griffin (approx. 1.6 miles away); The City of Griffin (approx. 1.6 miles away); Spalding County (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Griffin.
Also see . . . The history of the Georgia Experiment Station. The New Georgia Encyclopedia article. (Submitted on February 17, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 941 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.