Nacogdoches in Nacogdoches County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First United Methodist Church of Nacogdoches
Erected 1977 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9273.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1821.
Location. 31° 36.286′ N, 94° 39.271′ W. Marker is in Nacogdoches, Texas, in Nacogdoches County. Marker is at the intersection of Hospital Street and Pecan St., on the right when traveling west on Hospital Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 E Hospital Street, Nacogdoches TX 75961, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Original Location of Sacred Heart Catholic Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the home of James Dill (within shouting distance of this marker); Milam Lodge #2, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons of Texas (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Durst-Taylor House (about 300 feet away); The Daily Sentinel (about 300 feet away); Thomas Jefferson Rusk (about 500 feet away); In Memory of Thomas F. McKinney (about 500 feet away); Diedrich Anton Wilhelm Rulfs (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Nacogdoches.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 12, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 18, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 835 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 18, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.