Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Douglas in Cochise County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Douglas Police Headquarters

Douglas, Arizona

 
 
Douglas Police Headquarters Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, March 2, 2010
1. Douglas Police Headquarters Marker
Inscription.  
Elizabeth W. Ames, Mayor
City Council
Hector M. Salinas, Ward 1
Richard A. Arzate, Ward 2
Ramon H. Jordan, Ward 3
Harry F. Ames , Ward 4
Margaret Shannon, Ward 5
Rudy Quinonez, Ward 6
R. Delbert Self, City Manager
Charles E. Austin, Chief of Police
Albert N Hooper, Jr., Architect
Price Woods, Inc., Contractor
Paul Heidel, Superintendent

Building listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Built as the El Paso & Southwestern Railroad Depot, 1914. Renovated as the Douglas Police Headquarters, 1992.

Funded through the U. S. Customs Asset Sharing Program and the Arizona Heritage Fund.

Arizona Department of Corrections provided inmate labor.
 
Erected by City of Douglas.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & PoliticsNotable BuildingsRailroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1914.
 
Location. 31° 20.952′ N, 109° 33.386′ W. Marker is in Douglas, Arizona, in Cochise
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of East 14th Street and 14th Street & Pan American Ave.. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 East 14th Street, Douglas AZ 85607, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Douglas R.R. YMCA (approx. 0.3 miles away); Library Hall - The Douglas Public Library (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mormon Battalion (approx. 1.2 miles away); Douglas International Airport (approx. 2.7 miles away); a different marker also named Mormon Battalion (approx. 9.6 miles away).
 
Regarding Douglas Police Headquarters. Built in 1913, the two story Beaux Arts Classic Revival style depot saw as many as eight passenger trains a day in the 1920's.
 
Douglas Police Headquarters Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, March 2, 2010
2. Douglas Police Headquarters Marker
Douglas Police Headquarters image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, March 2, 2010
3. Douglas Police Headquarters
Douglas Police Headquarters image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, March 2, 2010
4. Douglas Police Headquarters
Detail on outside of building.
Lobby of the Douglas Police Headquarters image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, March 2, 2010
5. Lobby of the Douglas Police Headquarters
Ceiling in lobby of Douglas Police Headquarters image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, March 2, 2010
6. Ceiling in lobby of Douglas Police Headquarters
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 7, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,297 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 7, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=28295

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 24, 2024