Greenvine in Washington County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Greenvine Gas Discovery
(2 mi. Northwest)
Erected 1967. (Marker Number 8342.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Natural Resources • Notable Events. A significant historical year for this entry is 1879.
Location. 30° 6.89′ N, 96° 33.517′ W. Marker is in Greenvine, Texas, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 2052 and County Road 2, on the right when traveling south on Road 2052. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Burton TX 77835, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the Greenvine Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Greenvine Schools (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bethlehem Cemetery (approx. 2˝ miles away); Site of Wesley School (approx. 4˝ miles away); St. John's United Church of Christ Cemetery (approx. 4.9 miles away); Wesley School (approx. 5 miles away); Wesley Brethren Church (approx. 5 miles away); Burton Farmers Gin 1914 (approx. 5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenvine.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 7, 2010, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 854 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 7, 2010, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.