Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Willcox in Cochise County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

The Schwertner House, 1880

 
 
The Schwertner House, 1880 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, March 3, 2010
1. The Schwertner House, 1880 Marker
Inscription.  Built by Delso Smith as an Army Officer reception center during the Indian wars. Bought by Mr. Schwertner in 1893 and donated to the local Historic Society in 1980.

It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. (Marker Number 1.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable BuildingsWars, US Indian. A significant historical year for this entry is 1893.
 
Location. 32° 15.207′ N, 109° 49.878′ W. Marker is in Willcox, Arizona, in Cochise County. Marker is on East Stewart Street south of North Haskell Avenue (Arizona Route 186), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 124 East Stewart Street, Willcox AZ 85643, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rex Allen Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Palace Saloon and Pool Hall, 1905 (about 500 feet away); Willcox Commercial Hotel, 1916 (about 500 feet away); Headquarters Saloon (about 500 feet away); The Toggery, 1925 (about 500 feet away); Railroad Avenue
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 500 feet away); The Southern Pacific Railroad Depot, 1880 (about 800 feet away); The Willcox Women's Community Center (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Willcox.
 
The Schwertner House, 1880 image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, March 3, 2010
2. The Schwertner House, 1880
The Schwertner House, 1880 image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, March 3, 2010
3. The Schwertner House, 1880
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 9, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,473 times since then and 80 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on March 9, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=28418

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 27, 2024