Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Glen Burnie in Anne Arundel County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Marley Chapel

 
 
Marley Chapel Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, December 30, 2002
1. Marley Chapel Marker
Inscription.  Erected, 1731, near this site, Marley Chapel served as a chapel of ease for the northern parish area of St. Margaretís Episcopal Church. After its abandonment bricks from the chapel were used in constructing St. Albanís Episcopal Church, Glen Burnie, completed 1904.
 
Erected by Ann Arrundell Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionColonial Era. A significant historical year for this entry is 1731.
 
Location. 39° 9.355′ N, 76° 36.031′ W. Marker is in Glen Burnie, Maryland, in Anne Arundel County. Marker is at the intersection of Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard (Maryland Route 648) and Furnace Branch Road (Maryland Route 270), on the right when traveling south on Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Glen Burnie MD 21060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Harundale Mall (approx. 0.9 miles away); To All Who Served (approx. 1.1 miles away); Recreation Acres (approx. 1.1 miles away); Sgt. Ronald M. Randazzo
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1.3 miles away); Defending the Chesapeake Bay (approx. 1.4 miles away); World War 1917 (approx. 1.4 miles away); World War II (approx. 1Ĺ miles away); St. Alban's Episcopal Church (approx. 1Ĺ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glen Burnie.
 
Marley Chapel Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, September 8, 2018
2. Marley Chapel Marker
Marley Chapel image. Click for full size.
Photographed By St. Alban's Episcopal Church
3. Marley Chapel
This drawing of the chapel is included on the St. Alban's website: www.st-albans.ang-md.org.
St. Alban's Episcopal Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, October 30, 2007
4. St. Alban's Episcopal Church
The church that was built in part with the bricks from the Marley Chapel, located at 1st Avenue and A Street, 1.8 miles west of the historical marker.
Maryland Historic Place Plaque image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, October 30, 2007
5. Maryland Historic Place Plaque
Plaque attached to St. Alban's Episcopal Church.
Old Marley Church Stone image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, October 30, 2007
6. Old Marley Church Stone
Stone built into the St. Alban's Episcopal Church.
Stone Marker on St. Alban's Church grounds. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, October 30, 2007
7. Stone Marker on St. Alban's Church grounds.
"The site of Old Marley Chapel A.D. 1731-1904. Now St. Alban's Glen Burnie. (arrow pointing east) ← 1½ M."
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 5, 2021. It was originally submitted on October 9, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 3,434 times since then and 154 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on October 9, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.   2. submitted on April 7, 2019, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.   3. submitted on September 7, 2013, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.   4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on October 30, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=2868

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 22, 2024