Springfield in Clark County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Clark County Revolutionary War Memorial
buried in Clark County
who fought in the
1775 - 1783
Lt. John Bancroft Jacob Ellsworth
William McIntire Frederick Brown
Samuel Lippincott Sr. James Kelly
Corneilus Toland Isaac Davisson
Lt. Jesse Christy Benjamin Bridge
Elijah Beardsley John Kellar
Merryfield Vicory George McCleace
Capt. Richard Bacon Jacob Ebersole
Stephen Harriman ____ Farnum
Lt. Henry Dawson James Galloway
John Craig George Lane Mely Baker
Erected 1912 by Lagonda Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker and memorial is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Military • Patriots & Patriotism • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1775.
Location. 39° 56.086′ N, 83° 49.225′ W. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 501 W McCreight Avenue, Springfield OH 45504, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jeremiah Warder and Ann Aston Warder (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Oliver Smith Kelly (about 500 feet away); John Ludlow (about 600 feet away); William Whiteley (about 600 feet away); John Dick (about 600 feet away); James Leffel (about 800 feet away); Union Soldiers Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); United States Colored Troops (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Springfield.
Also see . . . Ferncliff Cemetery & Arboretum. (Submitted on March 19, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 19, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,344 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 19, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.