Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Colma in San Mateo County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Joe Cavalli – Historical Site

 
 
Joe Cavalli – Historical Site Marker image. Click for full size.
By Syd Whittle, March 15, 2010
1. Joe Cavalli – Historical Site Marker
Inscription.  
Historical Site
1883 – 1924
Adjacent to this site stood “Cavalli’s Blacksmith Shop” which served the truck farmers in the area.
Joe Cavalli
1883 – 1946
Joe was the first and last sheriff of Lawndale (1924 – 1942) and the first Chief of Police of Colma (1942 – 1946).
 
Erected 1987 by Emperor Norton Brigade, E Clampus Vitus.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & PoliticsIndustry & CommerceLaw Enforcement. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1883.
 
Location. 37° 40.209′ N, 122° 27.066′ W. Marker is in Colma, California, in San Mateo County. Marker can be reached from Mission Road south of El Camino Real (California Highway 82), on the right when traveling south. This small marker is mounted on the north side of the Molloy's Tavern Building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1665 Mission Road, Daly City CA 94014, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking
Joe Cavalli – Historical Site Marker image. Click for full size.
By Syd Whittle, March 15, 2010
2. Joe Cavalli – Historical Site Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
distance of this marker. Molloy’s Springs (a few steps from this marker); Waterworks and the Pump House (within shouting distance of this marker); Colma City Hall (approx. 0.6 miles away); Cuneo Farm and Produce Market (approx. 0.7 miles away); Old Colma Railroad Station (approx. 0.9 miles away); a different marker also named Old Colma Railroad Station (approx. 0.9 miles away); Mount Olivet Cemetery Office and Streetcar Line (approx. 0.9 miles away); Colma Historical Museum (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Colma.
 
Also see . . .  The History of Colma. August 5, 1924, Lawndale became an incorporated city of 2.2 square miles. The Association of Cemeteries was headed by Mattrup Jensen and Joe Cavalli, the town blacksmith was made Marshal. (Submitted on March 26, 2010.) 
 
Molloy's Tavern and Marker on Side Wall image. Click for full size.
By Syd Whittle, March 15, 2010
3. Molloy's Tavern and Marker on Side Wall
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 8, 2019. It was originally submitted on March 26, 2010, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,148 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on March 26, 2010, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=29134

Paid Advertisement
Jan. 19, 2022