Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Bolivar in Jefferson County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
 

Stonewall Jackson's Headquarters

 
 
Stonewall Jackson's Headquarters Marker image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, September 22, 2007
1. Stonewall Jackson's Headquarters Marker
Inscription.  
This residence
was used as headquarters
by Confederate General
T.J. "Stonewall" Jackson
while stationed in the area
during the Civil War

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil.
 
Location. 39° 19.552′ N, 77° 44.869′ W. Marker is in Bolivar, West Virginia, in Jefferson County. Marker is on Washington Street (Business U.S. 340). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1167 Washington Street, Harpers Ferry WV 25425, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bolivar Methodist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Simon Bolivar (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mayors of Harpers Ferry, West Virginia (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. John's Lutheran Church (approx. ¼ mile away); St. John Lutheran Church (approx. ¼ mile away); In Honor of Private Luke Quinn (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pre Civil War Spring House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Foundations of Freedom (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bolivar.
 
Also see . . .  Jackson Rose Bed and Breakfast website.
Stonewall Jackson's Headquarters Marker image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, September 22, 2007
2. Stonewall Jackson's Headquarters Marker
Jackson used the house as headquarters in the spring of 1861. (Submitted on October 13, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.) 
 
The Jackson Rose House image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, September 22, 2007
3. The Jackson Rose House
Plaque on the building image. Click for full size.
By Devry Becker Jones, December 29, 2019
4. Plaque on the building
Lee-Longsworth House
Built, C. 1795

has been placed on the
National Register
of Historic Places

by the United States
Department of the Interior
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 5, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,381 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on October 13, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.   4. submitted on December 29, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.
Paid Advertisement
Nov. 24, 2020