Schnaittach in Nürnberger Land, Bavaria, Germany — Central Europe
Frauenschul
⎯⎯⎯
Women’s Prayer Room
1735/36 als Frauenabteilung der Synagoge errichtet, 1858 umgebaut. Die Frauenschul war nur über einen abgetrennten Eingang mit eigener Vorhalle erreichbar. Kleine Sichtfenster zur Männerabteilung wurden 1858 durch arkadenartige Durchbrüche ersetzt.
Built in 1735/36 as the women’s section of the synagogue, remodeled in 1858. The women’s synagogue section could only be reached through a separate entrance with its own vestibule. Small viewing windows into the men’s section were replaced in 1858 by arcade-like openings.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Religion & Religious Structures • Women. A significant historical year for this entry is 1858.
Location. 49° 33.468′ N, 11° 20.467′ E. Marker is in Schnaittach, Bayern (Bavaria), in Nürnberger Land. It is at the intersection of Museumsgasse and Birkensteingasse, on the left when traveling south on Museumsgasse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Museumsgasse 3, Schnaittach BY 91220, Germany. Touch for directions.
Regionally, it is in Europe, the European Union, Atlantic Europe, Central Europe, the Schengen Area, Western Europe, and the Western World. Historically, it finds itself in what was once the Holy Roman Empire.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker: Das Schnaittacher Heimatmuseum und das Jüdische Museum Franken (here, next to this marker); Synagogue (a few steps from this marker); Vorsängerhaus / Cantor’s House (a few steps from this marker); Moses Gutmann (within shouting distance of this marker); Rabbinerhaus/ Rabbi’s House (within shouting distance of this marker); Paula Gutmann (within shouting distance of this marker); Die Museen / The Museums (within shouting distance of this marker); Flora Altbater (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Schnaittach.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 3, 2026. It was originally submitted on March 2, 2026, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 32 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 3, 2026, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.


