Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Harwood in Anne Arundel County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

“Larkins Hills”

Patented 1663

 
 
"Larkins Hills" Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, December 31, 2003
1. "Larkins Hills" Marker
Inscription.  Charles Lord Baltimore and his council attended the meeting of the Assembly here Oct. 2 – Nov. 6, 1663. 31 towns and ports of entry were established at this session in the several counties along the bay. Practically none of these towns exist at the present time.
 
Erected by State Roads Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is October 6, 1862.
 
Location. 38° 52.92′ N, 76° 36.133′ W. Marker is in Harwood, Maryland, in Anne Arundel County. Marker is on Solomon’s Island Road (Maryland Route 2) half a mile south of Mill Swamp Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Harwood MD 20776, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Penn (approx. half a mile away); Rawlings’ Tavern (approx. 1½ miles away); a different marker also named William Penn (approx. 1.9 miles away); All Hallows Church (approx. 2.3 miles away); The Old South River Club
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 2.7 miles away); Java Plantation Life (approx. 2.9 miles away); a different marker also named Java Plantation Life (approx. 2.9 miles away); a different marker also named Java Plantation Life (approx. 2.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harwood.
 
Wide angle shot of the marker, looking north image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Christopher Busta-Peck, March 13, 2008
2. Wide angle shot of the marker, looking north
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,450 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on October 13, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.   2. submitted on April 22, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=2945

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 18, 2024