Mableton in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Mitchell House
Ante-bellum res. of Wiley Martin Mitchell
— 1800 - 1857 —
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 033-67.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1864.
Location. 33° 48.673′ N, 84° 34.313′ W. Marker is in Mableton, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is at the intersection of Mableton Parkway (Georgia Route 139) and Old Gordon Road, on the right when traveling north on Mableton Parkway. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Toward the River (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Turner's, Howell's Baker's & Sandtown Ferries (approx. half a mile away); Advance of the 17th A.C. Toward the River (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Mable House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Georgia Militia on Turner's Ferry Road (approx. 2 miles away); The Extended Right (approx. 2.4 miles away); The March to Soap Creek (approx. 2.4 miles away); Site: Wm. Moss House (approx. 2.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mableton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 12, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,276 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 12, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.