Conover in Miami County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Brown Township School District #6
In 1832, Sylvanus Allen's property became the site of Brown Township's sixth and final school district. Following many building expansions, the current building, constructed in 1916, became the home of the Lena-Conover Consolidated School and became part of the Miami East Local School District in 1958. In 1991, the building's educational legacy continued when it was returned to the trustees and became the home of the A.B. Graham Memorial Center Inc, named in honor of the Lena-Conover alumnus, educator and founder of the 4-H club movement.
Erected 2007 by Miami County Milestones Committee, The Troy Foundation, The Miami County Foundation, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 17-55.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Education • Horticulture & Forestry. In addition, it is included in the 4-H Youth Program 🍀, and the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1832.
Location. 40° 8.483′ N, 84° 2.708′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8025 East U S Route 36, Conover OH 45317, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lincoln's Funeral Car (approx. 3.6 miles away); St. Paris and Johnson Township World War II Memorial (approx. 4.4 miles away); St. Paris and Johnson Township World War I Memorial (approx. 4.4 miles away); St. Paris Korea and Vietnam Veterans Memorial (approx. 4.4 miles away); Site of Walborn & Riker Co. (approx. 4.7 miles away); Lincoln Funeral Train (approx. 4.7 miles away); The Dilbone Massacre (approx. 5.1 miles away); Kiser Lake (approx. 5.3 miles away).
Also see . . . Albert B. Graham. (Submitted on April 16, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 16, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 827 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 16, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.