Upper Saddle River in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Saddle River Reformed Church and Cemetery
The Old Stone Church
It has been ministering to
this area since 1784.
The present structure
of native stone
was completed in 1819.
Buried here are:
The Rev. Stephen Goetschius
The Rev. Dr. Isaac Van Kampen
And many Revolutionary and
Civil war veterans
Erected by Bergen County Historical Society. (Marker Number 58.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Bergen County Historical Society series list.
Location. 41° 4.226′ N, 74° 5.191′ W. Marker is in Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is at the intersection of East Saddle River Road and Old Stone Church Road, on the right when traveling south on East Saddle River Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saddle River NJ 07458, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Slave Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hopper-Goetschius HouseEckerson House (approx. one mile away); Haring Homestead (approx. 2.2 miles away in New York); Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church (approx. 2.6 miles away in New York); Master Sergeant Charles E. Hosking, Jr. Memorial (approx. 2.6 miles away); Saddle River 9 – 11 Memorial (approx. 2.8 miles away); Saddle River Veterans Monument (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Upper Saddle River.
Also see . . . Bergen County Historical Society. (Submitted on April 18, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 18, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,100 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 18, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.