Cullman in Cullman County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Sand Mountain Plateau
This section, previously thought unproductive, became famous for its diversified crops.
Erected 1953 by Alabama Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 34° 10.449′ N, 86° 50.368′ W. Marker is in Cullman, Alabama, in Cullman County. Marker is on 2nd Ave SW. Corner of 2 Ave SW and 5th St SE in Courthouse parking lot facing 2 Ave SW. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 2nd Ave SW, Cullman AL 35055, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. John’s Evangelical Protestant Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Weiss Cottage (about 500 feet away); “Die Deutsche Kolonie Von Nord Alabama” (approx. 0.2 miles away); Betz Addition Historic District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Evangelical Protestant Church (approx. Johann Gottfried Cullmann (approx. 0.4 miles away); Cullman, Alabama (approx. half a mile away); Cullman Railroad Depot (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cullman.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 31, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 22, 2010, by Sandra Hughes Tidwell of Killen, Alabama, USA. This page has been viewed 1,553 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 22, 2010, by Sandra Hughes Tidwell of Killen, Alabama, USA. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.