Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Bethel Township in Berks County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Fort Henry

 
 
Fort Henry Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Paul Crumlish, April 2, 2010
1. Fort Henry Marker
Inscription.  
1756
FORT HENRY
25 yards north of
this stone.
——
French and Indian War
——
 
Erected 1915 by Historical Society of Berks County.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and CastlesSettlements & SettlersWar, French and Indian. A significant historical year for this entry is 1756.
 
Location. 40° 30.098′ N, 76° 19.592′ W. Marker is near Bethel, Pennsylvania, in Berks County. It is in Bethel Township. Marker is on Fort Henry Road (Local Route 956) 0.9 miles north of Lancaster Ave (Pennsylvania Route 501), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 238 Fort Henry Rd, Bethel PA 19507, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Fort Henry (approx. 0.9 miles away); Pilger Ruh (approx. one mile away); a different marker also named Pilger Ruh (approx. one mile away); Tulpehocken Path (approx. 2.3 miles away); a different marker also named Tulpehocken Path
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 2.3 miles away); Bethel (approx. 2˝ miles away); M60A3 MBT (approx. 4.2 miles away); Site of the 1st Reformed-Lutheran Church (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bethel.
 
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker shown.
 
Also see . . .  Dietrich Six: Six's Fort / Fort Henry... Berks County, PA, and the French and Indian War (Submitted on April 25, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.) 
 
Wide view of the Fort Henry Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Paul Crumlish, April 2, 2010
2. Wide view of the Fort Henry Marker
The marker stands at the left hand corner of the building. Local legend indicates that this farm building was built with stone from Fort Henry
The site of Fort Henry image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Paul Crumlish, April 2, 2010
3. The site of Fort Henry
The site of Fort Henry is believed to be in the general location of this modern-day farm pond
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 7, 2023. It was originally submitted on April 25, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 3,124 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on April 25, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=30078

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 13, 2024