Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
New Windsor in Carroll County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Strawbridge Log Meeting House Site

 
 
Strawbridge Log Meeting House Site Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Pfingsten, October 14, 2007
1. Strawbridge Log Meeting House Site Marker
See Robert Strawbridge House Marker for photos.
Inscription.  Built in 1764 by Robert Strawbridge, the first Methodist place of worship erected in America. Successors are Stone Chapel (1783) 3 miles northeast, and Bethel (1821) 1 mile south.

 
Erected 1964 by Methodist Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionColonial Era. A significant historical year for this entry is 1764.
 
Location. 39° 30.709′ N, 77° 6.338′ W. Marker is in New Windsor, Maryland, in Carroll County. Marker is on Marston Road (Maryland Route 407) 0.3 miles east of New Windsor Road (Maryland Route 31), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Windsor MD 21776, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Robert Strawbridge (approx. 1.3 miles away); Summer Kitchen (approx. 1.4 miles away); Birthplace of American Methodism (approx. 1.4 miles away); Robert Strawbridge House (approx. 1.4 miles away); a different marker also named Robert Strawbridge (approx.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
1.4 miles away); Elizabeth Piper Strawbridge (approx. 1.4 miles away); Bell from Brick Church (approx. 1.4 miles away); John Evans House, 1764 (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Windsor.
 
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
 
Replica of Log Meeting House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Pfingsten
2. Replica of Log Meeting House
Log Meeting House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby
3. Log Meeting House
Replica of the log meeting house on Marston Road (MD 407), about a half mile south of New Windsor Road (MD 31).
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on October 16, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,490 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 16, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.   3. submitted on November 15, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=3020

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 19, 2024