Burgaw in Pender County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Let future generations remember that these were men whom death could not terrify, whom defeat could not dishonor. That truth, courage and patriotism endure forever.
Pender County was formed from New Hanover County by the Legislature of 1874–75 and was named in honor of Major General William Dorsey Pender of Edgecombe County.
Erected by Pender County Chapter No. 761, United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy series list. A significant historical date for this entry is July 18, 1740.
Location. 34° 33.033′ N, 77° 55.583′ W. Marker is in Burgaw, North Carolina, in Pender County. Marker is on South Wright Street just north of Freemont Street, on the right when traveling north. Marker is on the courthouse grounds. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Burgaw NC 28425, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this Burgaw Station (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); S. S. Satchwell (about 700 feet away); George Burrington (approx. 1½ miles away); Stag Park (approx. 1½ miles away); Hinton James (approx. 4.7 miles away); Van Eeden (approx. 5.4 miles away); William S. Ashe (approx. 5.4 miles away); Samuel Ashe (approx. 5.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Burgaw.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 1, 2010, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,582 times since then and 88 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on May 1, 2010, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.