Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Belvidere in Warren County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

County Park

 
 
County Park Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, May 7, 2010
1. County Park Marker
Inscription.  In 1824 Garret Wall presented the land which ... "is always to be kept and continued open as a public square, walk, promenade for the free common and uninterrupted use of the County of Warren forever."
 
Erected by Warren County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Parks & Recreational Areas. A significant historical year for this entry is 1824.
 
Location. 40° 49.634′ N, 75° 4.59′ W. Marker is in Belvidere, New Jersey, in Warren County. Marker is on 2nd Street east of Mansfield Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Belvidere NJ 07823, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Court House (a few steps from this marker); Warren County Purple Heart Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Warren County Veterans Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Built 1780 by Robert Morris (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Belvidere (approx. ¼ mile away); The Shoe Tree
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. ¼ mile away); John Nicoll (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Oxford (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Belvidere.
 
County Park Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, May 7, 2010
2. County Park Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 6, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 9, 2010, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 705 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 9, 2010, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=30525

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 24, 2024