Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Stanton in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Agricultural First

 
 
Agricultural First Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, May 12, 2010
1. Agricultural First Marker
Inscription.  The nation's first artificially inseminated calf was born near here in 1939 on the Richard Schomp farm. This was a revolution in dairy breeding.
 
Erected by Hunterdon County Cultural And Heritage Commission.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Agriculture. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1939.
 
Location. 40° 34.75′ N, 74° 50.317′ W. Marker is in Stanton, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is at the intersection of Stanton Mountain Road and Dreahook Road, on the right when traveling south on Stanton Mountain Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Stanton NJ 08885, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Stanton Reformed Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Newell Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Rowland's Mill (approx. 1.3 miles away); Echo Hill (approx. 1½ miles away); Packers Island (approx. 1.8 miles away);
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Pre-Revolutionary War King's Mill (approx. 2.2 miles away); The Amwell Line - 1704 (approx. 2.3 miles away); Clinton Township 9-11 Memorial (approx. 2½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stanton.
 
Agricultural First Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, May 12, 2010
2. Agricultural First Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 12, 2010, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 759 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 12, 2010, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=30632

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 25, 2024