Fremont in Sandusky County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Major George Croghan
Against the British and
Indians in the defense
Of Fort Stephenson
Aug. 1st and 2nd 1813
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • Military • Native Americans • War of 1812. A significant historical month for this entry is August 1851.
Location. 41° 20.779′ N, 83° 6.928′ W. Marker is in Fremont, Ohio, in Sandusky County. Marker is at the intersection of Croghan Street and High Street, on the right when traveling east on Croghan Street. This historical marker is located in the downtown Fremont area, in front of a black cannon, on the north side of the Birchard Public Library, which was built on the site of Fort Stephenson. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 423 Croghan Street, Fremont OH 43420, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Stephenson (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Fort Stephenson (within shouting distance of this marker); Soldier's Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Near This SpotFremont (about 400 feet away); Great Gathering Place (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named Fremont (about 700 feet away); Indian Gantlet and Race Course (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fremont.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 12, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,287 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 12, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.