Wilton in Fairfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
[ front ]
[ back ]
Area of Congregational Church - Ridgefield Road. Wilton's third meetinghouse, c. 1790 and first town hall, c. 1829.
Sloan – Raymond – Fitch house – 249 Danbury Road. Early dwelling, c. 1731. Headquarters of the Wilton Historical Society, Inc.
Hurlbutt Street Schoolhouse; c. 1834. Used continuously as a school until 1935.
Cannondale Schoolhouse – Cannon Crossing. Constructed c. 1873
Erected by the Town of Wilton
the Wilton Historical Society, Inc.
and the Connecticut Historical Commission
Erected 1980 by the Town of Wilton, the Wilton Historical Society, Inc. and the Connecticut Historical Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 41° 11.417′ N, 73° 25.546′ W. Marker is in Wilton, Connecticut, in Fairfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Danbury Road (U.S. 7) and Cricket Lane, on the left when traveling south on Danbury Road. Located next to Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 238 Danbury Road, Wilton CT 06897, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Captain Clapp Raymond (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wilton Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Wilton Roll of Honor (approx. half a mile away); Hillside Cemetery World War Memorial (approx. 1.1 miles away); Major Samuel Comstock (approx. 1.1 miles away); Joseph Edward Turner, M.D. (approx. 1.1 miles away); Weston (approx. 2.6 miles away); Weston Vietnam War & Persian Gulf War Monument (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wilton.
Also see . . .
1. Wilton, Connecticut on Wikipedia. (Submitted on June 25, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
2. Town of Wilton. (Submitted on June 25, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 25, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 956 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on June 25, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.