Near East Hanover Township in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Hanover Presbyterian Church
in Morris County, established
in 1718. Relocated at Meeting
House here in 1755. Present
church built in 1835.
Erected 1976 by Morris County Heritage Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Morris County Heritage Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1718.
Location. 40° 48.2′ N, 74° 22.09′ W. Marker is near East Hanover Township, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Mt Pleasant Avenue and Hanover Road, on the right when traveling west on Old Mt Pleasant Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: East Hanover NJ 07936, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hanover Presbyterian Church & Unknown Continental Soldiers (a few steps from this marker); The First School (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Parsonage (approx. 0.2 miles away); Halfway House (approx. ¼ mile Columbia School District No. 5 (approx. 1½ miles away); Hedges – Fish Homestead (approx. 2.1 miles away); Whippany Burying Yard (approx. 2.2 miles away); Whipponong Cemetery (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in East Hanover Township.
Also see . . . Historic Markers/Historic Preservation. Morris County Heritage Commission. (Submitted on June 25, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on March 11, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 25, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 651 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 25, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.