Knoxville in Knox County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Fountain City United Methodist Church
Fountain Head Campground
United Methodist Church
Founded in 1825
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1825.
Location. 36° 2.182′ N, 83° 56.003′ W. Marker is in Knoxville, Tennessee, in Knox County. Marker is on Hotel Road, 0.1 miles west of Broadway Street (U.S. 441), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 112 Hotel Rd, Knoxville TN 37918, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fountain City Schools (approx. ¼ mile away); Savage Garden (approx. half a mile away); Site of Fort Adair (approx. ¾ mile away); Fort Adair (approx. ¾ mile away); Mary Frances Housley (approx. one mile away); Mt. Fuji (approx. 1.6 miles away); Norris Freeway (approx. 3.3 miles away); Mr. Anderson's Log College (approx. 3.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Knoxville.
More about this marker. Reverse of Marker gives information about the founding of the Fountain City UMC.
Regarding Fountain City United Methodist Church. The Park has been the meeting place of thousands through the years. Grand Army of the Republic veterans were here in 1890. It is now a great place to walk and play and picnic with family and friends.
Additional keywords. Fountain City Park, Dummy Line, Fountain Head Hotel
Credits. This page was last revised on December 5, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 27, 2010, by Donald Raby of Knoxville, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 986 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 3, 2010, by Donald Raby of Knoxville, Tennessee. 2, 3. submitted on June 27, 2010, by Donald Raby of Knoxville, Tennessee. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.