Downtown Washington in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
— President's Park —
[plaque in sidewalk below:]
Erected 1923 by the U. S. Congress.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Communications • Exploration • Roads & Vehicles • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Lincoln Highway series list. A significant historical date for this entry is June 5, 1777.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1600 E Street Northwest, Washington DC 20500, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. White House Kitchen Garden (within shouting distance of this marker); The National Christmas Tree (within shouting distance of this marker); John Saul (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); White House Ablaze (about 700 feet away); William Tecumseh Sherman (about 700 feet away); First Division War Memorial (about 700 feet away); Boy Scout Memorial (about 800 feet away); Alexander Hamilton Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Downtown Washington.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . .
1. Zero Milestone. (Submitted on June 30, 2010, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
2. USDOT Highway History. (Submitted on June 30, 2010, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. White House; National Park Service; American Society of Civil Engineers; Interstate and Defense Highways; automobiles; Washington Meridian; cartography, navigation, surveying.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 2, 2022. It was originally submitted on June 30, 2010, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,886 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on June 30, 2010, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.