Augusta in Richmond County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Bicentennial Augusta, Ga
1735 — 1935
— (Oglethorpe, Lee and Lee Tribute) —
1735 — 1935
Gen. James Edward Oglethorpe,
Founder - 1735
Gen. "Light-Horse" Harry Lee
Revolutionary soldier, Commander - 1781
Gen. Robert Edward Lee,
and Commander - in - Chief — 1865.
A Tribute by:
Ladies' Memorial Association
Augusta Chapter "A"
United Daughters of the Condederacy.
Augusta Bicentennial 1935.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 33° 28.175′ N, 81° 57.336′ W. Marker is in Augusta, Georgia, in Richmond County. Located between 4th Street and 3rd Street, traveling east on Greene Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: near 314 Greene Street, Augusta GA 30901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Troop K Georgia Cavalry (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Veterans of All Wars (about 500 feet away); St. James United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Thankful Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); The First Academy of Richmond County (approx. ¼ mile away); Georgia’s First School of Medicine (approx. ¼ mile away); Birthplace of the Augusta Chronicle (approx. ¼ mile away); Georgia's State Capital (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Augusta.
Also see . . .
1. Visionary, social reformer, and military leader,James Oglethorpe. The New Georgia Encyclopedia (Submitted on July 6, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
2. Henry "Light Horse Harry" Lee, the American Revolutionary War officer. Wikipedia entry (Submitted on July 6, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • War, US Civil • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for Bicentennial Augusta, Ga.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 17, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 6, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 677 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 6, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.