Franklin in Heard County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Franklin Methodist Church
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Society. (Marker Number 059-2.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Native Americans. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1831.
Location. 33° 16.809′ N, 85° 5.744′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Georgia, in Heard County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Newnan StreetTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklin GA 30217, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Franklin Baptist Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Heard County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Heard County Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away); Benjamin Hawkins (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Attempted Assassination of Isaiah H. Lofton (approx. 12.7 miles away); William Hogan Plantation (approx. 13.3 miles away); Council Bluffs Treaty (approx. 14 miles away); This Log House is Similar to the Home of Chief William McIntosh (approx. 14 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
More about this marker. Marker should be numbered 074-2 for Heard County (the 74th county). 059-2 would be in Franklin County, the 59th. Someone confused Franklin County in north Georgia with the City of Franklin in Heard County.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 31, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 576 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 7, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.