Franklin in Heard County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954. (Marker Number 074-1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Law Enforcement • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 33° 16.752′ N, 85° 5.89′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Georgia, in Heard County. Marker is on North River Street Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 215 North River Street, Franklin GA 30217, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Franklin Baptist Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Heard County Jail (about 500 feet away); Franklin Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Benjamin Hawkins (approx. 0.6 miles away); William Hogan Plantation (approx. 13.4 miles away); Wehadkee Yarn Mills (approx. 13.9 miles away in Alabama); Pottery Shops in Rock Mills / The Potters of Rock Mills (approx. 14.1 miles away in Alabama); Council Bluffs Treaty (approx. 14.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 16, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 13, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 661 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 13, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 4. submitted on October 24, 2011, by Ernest Everett Blevins of Villa Rica, Georgia. 5. submitted on July 14, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.