a.k.a. Samuel Fleming House
The first house in the village, built by Samuel Fleming 1756.
This tablet is erected by Colonel Lowrey Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution, May 28, 1906.
Erected 1906 by Colonel Lowrey Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Forts and Castles • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 28, 1800.
Location. 40° 30.569′ N, 74° 51.693′ W. Marker is in Flemington, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on Bonnell Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Flemington NJ 08822, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Purple Heart Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fulper Family Residences (about 500 feet away); Fulper House (about 600 feet away); Fulper Pottery Factory #1 (about 600 feet away); Flemington Public Library
Also see . . . Fleming Castle website. (Submitted on July 22, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 18, 2010, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,255 times since then and 71 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 18, 2010, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. 6. submitted on November 1, 2014. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.