Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ellicott City in Howard County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

St. John’s Episcopal Church

 
 
St. John's Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, December 29, 2003
1. St. John's Episcopal Church Marker
Inscription.  A chapel of ease of Queen Caroline parish, established 1728. Incorporated by Maryland General Assembly, 1822. Consecrated 1823 by Bishop James Kemp. Original land, “Dorsey’s Heaven,” deeded to church by Caleb and Elizabeth Dorsey. Present church built 1860.
 
Erected by The Maryland Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionColonial Era. A significant historical year for this entry is 1728.
 
Location. 39° 16.351′ N, 76° 49.761′ W. Marker is in Ellicott City, Maryland, in Howard County. Marker is on Frederick Road (Maryland Route 144) 0.1 miles west of St. John's Lane, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ellicott City MD 21042, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. MacAlpine (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Koreatown (approx. 0.4 miles away); Decatur Dorsey (approx. 1.1 miles away); Fells Lane Community (approx. 1˝ miles away); Ellicott’s Mills
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1˝ miles away); The National Road (approx. 1˝ miles away); MaryLandscapes (approx. 1˝ miles away); Fire House Annex (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ellicott City.
 
National Road milestone 12 M to B image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Christopher Busta-Peck, September 7, 2007
2. National Road milestone 12 M to B
National Road milestone 12 M to B sits next to the historic marker. "12 M to B" indicates 12 miles to the beginning of the road, in downtown Baltimore.
St. John's Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, December 29, 2003
3. St. John's Church
Detail of milestone 12 M to B image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Christopher Busta-Peck
4. Detail of milestone 12 M to B
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 6, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,936 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on November 6, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.   2. submitted on January 23, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.   3. submitted on November 6, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.   4. submitted on January 23, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=3341

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 18, 2024