Near Marietta in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Site of the Dickson House
June 15, 1864
Erected 2008 by Cobb County Community Development Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil.
Location. 33° 58.602′ N, 84° 40.16′ W. Marker is near Marietta, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is at the intersection of Acworth-Due West Road and Abbey Oaks Lane, on the right when traveling south on Acworth-Due West Road. Touch for map. Marker Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Gilgal Church (approx. half a mile away); Due West Community (approx. 0.6 miles away); Military Action at Gilgal Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Reversed Trench (approx. ¾ mile away); Battle of Pine Knob (approx. one mile away); Davis' Cross Roads (approx. 1.2 miles away); Captain Peter Simonson (approx. 1½ miles away); Stilesboro-Sandtown Crossroads (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marietta.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 25, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,600 times since then and 54 times this year. Last updated on July 22, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1. submitted on September 25, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on July 22, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area together in context. • A photo of the renovated Dickson House at 1792 County Services Parkway. • Can you help?